Kratom is the leaf of a tree (mitragyna speciosa) growing in south East Asia. It has become more and more popular due to its many benefits which have helped innumerable number of people and hence has also been used therapeutically since decades.In moderate doses kratom offers a stimulating effect, while in higher doses it offers a sedative effect. It also provides pain killing effects, and help to fight anxiety. Kratom has also been used by several opiate addicts to help lessen the uneasiness of withdrawals.
The effects imparted by kratom are due to the dozens of alkaloids that it contains.Most of these alkaloids work on the mu and Delta opiate receptors; hence the opiate like effects. The alkaloid content varies from area to area, batch to batch and even depending on the different times of the year.
It is of utmost importance to remember that kratom can be addictive when used regularly and in large quantities. However, while a kratom over indulgence can be pretty uncomfortable, it has never resulted into any death case.
So before considering its consumption, make sure that you can treat it with all the due respect.
What to look for in a kratom vendors?
So you have decided to buy some kratom, what now?
Kratom can be bought easily over the internet. There are also some smoke shops and health food stores where you can find kratom. You can shop online or in a store, but in either case it is advisable to bear a few things in mind like:
1) Always look for a reliable, well-established kratom vendor who has a lot of customer reviews on forums and other social networking sites.But don’t bother with reviews posted directly on a vendor site. Because, they have designed the site and so can easily filter out any negative feedback’s.
2) Always compare different varieties or strains because every strains has a different effect on every single individual. So it is best to buy only the strain or grade that suits your body type.
Recommended : Always buy Kratom Online from Recommended Vendors
3) Irrespective of the variety of extract, it is essential to look at the milligrams per gram content. This is the key to determining the potency of the product.
4) Kratom extracts are also combined with ground kratom leaves in order to generate enhanced kratom, which have a lower potency. So one must avoid confusing extracts with enhanced kratom like UEI. With enhanced kratom, you can achieve the desired effects by consuming only a small amount. These have the potency expressed in an X system. So a potency of x25, would mean that it is about 2-3 times more potent than normal kratom.
5) Compare kratom prices. It is best to compare prices at all options available at your disposal, to get the best rates. However, remember that a tad higher price at a reliable shop is a lot better option than a somewhat lower price at a not-so-known shop.
The following points are suggested to help you buy a good product:
- Do no forget to consider the price of shipping when buying it online.
- It makes sense to sample a small quantity of the kratom extract to evaluate the quality before you can buy large quantities of it.
- Poor quality kratom should be shunned at all costs, because they can result into some random or unpleasant side effects.
- Consider the expiry date and shelf life of the product. Kratom tends to lose its potency over the time.
There are several options available, let us start with the most visible one.
The advantage of these shops is that they are convenient. You can easily walk into any store, select from the varieties displayed in fancy packages and under bright lights and walk out with the product. However, the bitter truth is that these stores do not have your best interests in mind. In fact, they are often run by individuals who are clueless about the products that they sell, and only know to make a fortune out of them. They don’t care if the product is of low quality, adulterated or even if it has run past its expiry date. As a rule of thumb, stay put fro-many kind of marketing ploys like fancy advertisements or flashy packaging.
They also tend to sell sacks of kratom leaf. These are kratom’s purchased at wholesale rates whose quality can range from claptrap to decent, but it is a risk.
Next we have the internet.
These are just like the online version of the head shop.
This option is even more unreliable than the head shops.
The reason being, that the head shop owner has to be worried about the regulations renewed, in terms of the permissible substances and their amounts in any drug, as well as the laws of the country that they sell the product is. Whereas the internet shop could be situated anywhere, and its location can easily move to get away from a few laws. That sachet of 100% legal smoking blend that you might be considering to order, might comprise of ingredients not so legal and safe to consume in your country.
Just to site an example of how hazardous this can be, I would like to point out one particular incidence of the past.
A few years back, a product called ‘Krypton Kratom’ went viral on the internet (as well as some head shops). This highly potent stuff was promoted under the name of 50x Bali kratom extract. But matched the strength of Ultra Enhanced Indo (UEI). This made people wonder how this wonder drug worked. However, certain tests were run and the lab reports indicated the presence of caffeine and O-desmethyltramadol (a research chemical), which is hazardous to health. Unfortunately many cases of death due to overdose of this drug were also reported.
This is a move in the right direction.
Ethno stores offer a wide range of herbal and plant products. From kratom and cacti to more exotic products.These are generally family businesses run by people who have an in-depth knowledge about the products that they sell. And since this is usually their sole source of income, they make sure that their products are safely stored, packaged and shipped.
These vendors are generally available to give you honest advice and information on the product details. Additionally, they also like to toss in a few free testers with your purchase.
However, it is not necessary that these are always the best kratom quality.
On the whole, they are surely a better option when compared to head shops. And if you are lucky enough to find a decent site, then stick with it. Because they are known to take good care of their returning customers.
The advantage of these sites are that they specialize in just one product.That means the owners tend to concentrate on selling the best quality available at the best possible rate. They usually buy in bulk at a wholesale rate and so can afford to sell them at a cheaper rate as compared to the ethno sites. Also, there is a wider array of varieties to choose from.
The following will help you decide if the site is worth a try:
- They will offer a wide variety of kratom strains and kratom powders.
- They will frequently supplement this with numerous extracts , enhanced products or isolates.
- They will not use unnecessary tags on names.
- They will offer wholesale rates.
- They will define their method for storing and packaging and shipping.
- They won’t promote kratom in ways that will jeopardize its continued legality.
- They won’t package their goods in ways that imitate ‘legal highs’
- They will offer free samples for you to try.
- They will have a personal communication with their customers.
The only hitch to these sites, especially in American and Europe, is the higher price. The price fixing that they imply on the sale is the only thing that keeps buyers away.
That brings us to the final option.
Going to the source
Every vendor, has to get the kratom from somewhere obviously. The source.
Every region that bears kratom has someone who harvests the leaves and is willing to export them globally.
Such people prefer dealing with retailers, and are interested in selling in lump some amounts.But some have opened their own business and sell their product even in small quantities to their regular customers in an unbeatable price. This has, in a way, led the other vendors to drop down their rates.
They don’t hesitate in giving the details of their business, from growing, to reaping and drying, packing and loading on their sites or when contacted personally.
However, there are some hitches to this option. Major ones being:
- The lucrative offers which seem to be too good to be true, are sometimes true. Many offers are just hokum while some might turn out to be true. It is a gamble.
- Kratom is illegal in Australia, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Ireland, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Romania and Indiana. So it is best to check the laws of your country before ordering them.
- One of the major issues can be,customs. Even if kratom is absolutely legal where you live, there is still a possibility that it might get postponed, misplaced or even stopped at the border.
- Check if there are stems & veins mixed in with the product. Stems and veins comprise of only about a third of the alkaloids but adds a lot of weight, so you are practically getting ripped off. Some even sell just the stem and veins on its own, under the pretext of kratom leaves, at a cheaper cost.
So these are the main options available.
There are plenty of forums out there on the internet where people discuss their favorite vendors and those that should be avoided. Go through them; do a good market survey before you invest into something so valuable that your body is going to cherish.